As you are all aware, new measures are being taken across the UK to reduce the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19). In light of the current situation and direction from the government, we are cancelling all non-essential visits to schools from our nurses and healthcare support workers for the foreseeable future. This includes National Child Measurement Programme and online Health Needs Assessment (HNA) sessions, workshops, training sessions and face-to-face meetings with pupils, parents/carers and professionals. Statutory health assessments for Looked After Children and safeguarding proceedings are currently set to continue, but will be assessed on a case-by-case basis where additional risks to the child/young person or service employees are present.
Alongside reducing the spread of COVID-19, our priority as a service is to continue to promote and protect the health and wellbeing of children, young people and families in Warwickshire. Therefore we would like to reiterate that parents/carers and young people are still able to contact a member of the school health team for advice and support when needed.
We would be grateful if you could share the following information with your parents/carers via your communication systems:
- Parents/carers can call the service on 03300 245 204 or text Parentline on 07520 619 376.
- Young people aged 11-19 can text ChatHealth on 07507 331 525 (see attached for ChatHealth poster).
- These services are available Monday-Thursday 9am-5pm and Friday 9am-4.30pm.
- Our service webpage contains useful information for children, young people and their families and will be updated with the latest information and advice from our service: https://www.compass-uk.org/services/warwickshire-school-health-wellbeing-service/
- Support and information is also available from the Family Information Service (FIS) - https://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/fis
As this is an emerging situation, we are not currently able to advise when normal services will return. We will continue to keep you updated as the situation progresses.